Understand what it means to manage and lead in a future of new technology, business models, industries and behaviours. Through a 1 day deep, immersive, collaborative experience you will learn about the trends that will drive the new world of work as well as getting a thorough understanding and experience of the opportunities of the gig economy, robotics and AI; customer centricity; agile teaming; design thinking; the human work place; ecosystem curation and collaboration; and, working with purpose.
If you would like The Field to run this course in your city please let us know.
How will it benefit you?
- Understand the language of the future world of work;
- Develop an understanding of the rationale for these approaches and how they drive success in a digital world;
- Apply the tools needed in future ways of working;
- Improve your ability to work in an innovative, agile team to leverage your problem-solving capability;
- Generate new and innovative ideas, and prototype key strategic digital solutions with your team;
- Shift your perspective around your customer towards a more empathetic, customer-centric focus;
- Learn how to curate and build your ecosystem in order to enhance your ability to lead, work and connect with others; and
- Understand how purpose can be leveraged to get better results.
- Full day programme from 8:00-16:00 with tea/coffee and lunch catered.
- The programme is delivered in a co-working start up or innovation hub.
- The day involves deep reflection, teaming exercises, site visits to leading, innovative organisations, and interactive discussions with relevant thoughts leaders.
- Delegates are invited into a community of The Field Alumni, an ongoing network for sharing and connection in the digital space.
About the facilitator
Alison Jacobson is one of the founders and directors of The Field, which curates and delivers transformative learning experiences; and of Thunderbay Collective, a collaborative ecosystem of software platforms focused on digital disruption and business transformation.
Alison works with senior leaders from business, government and civil society to help them understand, navigate and embrace the disruptive forces at work today. She is uniquely placed as a guide and coach in this space: she was previously Group Principal Digital Strategist at Dimension Data; and has herself launched several start-ups focused on education, e-learning, social innovation and the new world of work.